Frequently Asked Questions
Why make River Walk Apartments my new home?
- With a wide array of amenities, individual by-the-bed leases and a beautiful location on the Tuckasegee River, we think you'll like it here. Our two and three bedroom floor plans are simply the best around plus we have a resort-style summing pool, 24/7 fitness center, computer lounge with free printing, game room lounge, beach-style volleyball court, and access to the beautiful Tuckasegee River.
- With an individual lease, you are leasing a bedroom in a nit and share the common area with roommates. This gives the resident, and the parent, peace of mind knowing that the resident is only financially responsible for their bedroom space. Unlike conventional joint leases, you are not responsible for another roommate's rent.
- You will be charged a total rent amount for the lease term divided into equal installments due on the first of each month. Please see the terms of your lease for your lease term and move-in date.
- Yes, we are pet friendly, however, we do have some restricted breeds and a weight limit of 100 pounds.
- To rent an apartment you must have a clean rental history and meet monthly income requirements. We will accept a guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) if the resident cannot meet the financial and credit qualifications. The guarantor must meet the financial qualifications and is equally responsible and liable for the terms of the individual lease.
- The guarantor will need to sign the Guaranty of Lease and the Community Criteria. If the signature on the Guaranty of Lease is not witnesses by a member of our team, in our leasing office, then the Guaranty of lease must be notarized or signed electronically.
- River Walk offers a roommate matching program service to help you find an appropriate roommate. We will ask you to submit a Roommate Matching Assistance Form and will compare you preferences against other potential roommates then arrange potential roommate matches to contact each other.
- For our residents' convenience, River Walk issue and electronic key fob to each resident that can be used to access his or her apartments as well as community amenities, like the fitness center and computer lounge. Additionally, each bedroom door is individually locked and there are smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout the community. River Walk also has 24/7 on call staff to assist with after-hour lock outs or any other emergencies.
- We have on-site maintenance during office hours and will be on call 24/7 in cases of emergency such as no heat, no water, sewer backups, and power outages. Maintenance request can be entered online, over the telephone, or in person in the leasing office.
- Rent includes all common area and bedroom furniture, high speed internet, TV package, water/sewer, and a electricity allowance of $25 per bedroom.
- All apartments are fully furnished. The living room/dining/kitchen are includes bar stools, dining table, dining chairs, sofa, arm chair, end table, coffee table, and TV stand. Each bedroom includes a platform bed, night stand, dresser, desk, and desk chair.
- Yes, on-site parking is offered on a first come first serve basis with separate visitor spaces. Each resident will receive their own parking permit sticker.
- We are less than 1 mile from the heart of campus.
- We accept checks, cashier's checks and money orders in our leasing office, made payable to River Walk Apartments, All payments received in the leasing office will be electronically processed. For your convenience, we also offer an online payment options through our resident portal. We are unable to accept cash.